Monday, October 09, 2006

My BloG BuddY.. 13C...




My Blog Buddy from 13C is Heena.

Heena’s Independent Study question is on the representation of women and
‘How they are represented in as sex objects to entertain and pleasure men focusing on Charlie’s Angels-Full Throttle.’

  • Her overall study is very similar to mine as we both will be looking at females in the action genre of movies and how they have been represented.
  • The main protagonists in her move are Cameron Diaz, Lucy Lui and Drew Barrymore whereas mine is Ziyi Zhang.
  • The theorists that she will be looking at when writing up her study is Laura Mulvey and her proposal of the Male Gaze; Levi Strauss with Hero’s and Villains; Propp with his theory of narrative roles and Todorov with his idea of equilibriums and resolutions. I’ve decided that these theorists will fit in with my topic therefore I shall include them in my study.
  • Heena’s film has a hybrid genre of Action/Adventure/Comedy/Crime and mine is similar as it contains elements of Action/Drama/Adventure/Romance genre.
  • In Heena’s text, you see all three protagonists (Diaz, Barrymore and Lui) with a lot of make-up on and dressed up in sexy appealing outfits therefore reinforcing Mulvey’s theory, similarly in my text Ziyi Zhang (Mei) is very much objectified and has qualities of being ‘look-atness’
  • Both our texts allow the audiences to view women in more active roles, as they take on enemies and handle heavy weapons.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlies Angels-Full Throttle said...

thanx 4 being my blog buddy

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home